Owyhee Air Research provides near real-time wildfire mapping using advanced aerial infrared technology (AIR) and integrated mapping software.
WILDFIRE MAPPING, MONITORING & RECONNAISSANCE
Two identically configured aircraft with full mission capabilities provide the following:
- Near real-time location data and fire intelligence to ground personnel
- Smoke-penetrating fire infrared imagery
- Close footage of target areas as well as landscape-scale imagery in IR and HD
- Missions can be flown above TFRs, remaining clear of other fire aircraft
- Eight-hour mission capabilities, with multiple fires per mission
- Live video downlink available in certain areas via secured internet link
MAPPING DATA PACKAGE
- Black line perimeter, active perimeter, and perimeter expansion lines
- GIS hot-spot locations accurate to within 1- meter, plus geo-referenced still images in IR and HD for visual reference
- Fire intensity gradients (intense, scattered, and isolated heat)
- Structure locations
- Data formats include (but not limited to): ESRI shapefiles, Google Earth KML/KMZ files AND Georeferenced PDFs
- Maps uploaded to and downloaded from NIFC ftp public incident server
In-flight fire intelligence: Our flight crews can communicate information in flight via FM or VHF radio, text, or email as requested by fire personnel regarding events not observable by ground crews due to remoteness or smoke
Scenario examples: fire line penetration and fire spotting detection, imminent threats to life or property, and scouting safety zones or escape routes
Video documentation: High-definition video recording of fire lines, air drops, personnel movements and actions can be useful in daily situation reports, planning, and post-incident analysis
Geospatial .pdf maps with fire perimeter and intensity levels.
Hot spot locations within a specified distance of a fire perimeter. Here, the quarter-mile buffer is noted in green.
Geo-referenced video and still images in HD.
Geo-referenced video and still images in IR .
HOW WE DO IT.
Military-grade remote sensing technologies mounted on a mission’s best-suited aircraft and coupled with advanced analytics and data processing deliver results for actionable insight into missions ranging from animal counts to habitat mapping to simultaneous multi-variate data acquisition.